Academy Scholarship Program
Fill out the form to get your application materials
Middlebury Interactive Languages™ Summer Academy will award two scholarships for tuition-free full-time enrollment in the domestic summer 2020 Language Academy in Vermont. Rising 8th graders to just graduated 12th graders who demonstrate both high academic potential and family financial need are eligible. Students wishing to be considered for one of the scholarships must complete the application process and submit all requested materials no later than March 27, 2020.
Students who are awarded a scholarship will also receive:
- All services and support available to Academy students, including academic coaching and residential and instructional support from Academy teachers and staff
- Up to $1,000 toward travel to and from the Academies (this is not a cash award—receipts must be provided for reimbursement)
Who Can Apply?
Rising 8th graders to just graduated 12th graders with a grade point average of 3.0 (letter grade B) or higher who meet the scholarship’s economic needs guidelines.
The merit-based scholarships will be awarded based on an evaluation of a student essay of 750—1,000 words; student’s grade point average; two letters of recommendation, at least one of which must be from someone who knows the student in an academic capacity, and neither of which can be from a relative; the Parent Information Form; Scholarship Application Form; student personal statement or poem; and the student interview.
- The scholarship committee will rate all required components on applications.
- The top 8 candidates will be interviewed by phone or Skype prior to the final decision.
- Scholarship recipients can expect to be notified on or before April 3rd of 2020. Scholarship recipients and a parent/guardian must complete a form agreeing to the terms of the scholarship program.
- After final scholarship acceptances are completed and agreement forms signed, applicants who were not selected will receive email notifications.